Me, Myself, and I - That You Don't YET Know

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Here's another thought...

Here's another facebook quiz result.. as we all know, these quizzes are pretty stupid.. i mean, if it somehow displayed the "correct" results, it's only by a mere coincidence.
So anyway.. here's what it said: "You were an intrepid adventurer with a love of life greater than anyone in your time. You spent your days contemplating the limits of normal life, pushing the boundaries, and seeking ways to transcend them"
And i'm not going to discuss the result in this post.
What got me thinking was (wow.. i seem to be spending more time thinking about me & my life these days) this part: "limits of normal life"
limits of normal life.. now that got me thinking.. i'm not the type that can "measure" how fragile i am as a human
For example... i dont know the answers to these questions:
a. How big does a waterfall have to be for me to die? say if i actually caught myself in a situation where i have to take a leap of the ledge and dive down a waterfall. I mean surely there are some instances where people find themselves still alive at the bottom of that waterfall?
b. How many stories off the ground do i have to be for me to break my legs or even die when i jump?
c. If there's a pool of any kind down there, does that mean an increase in the number of storeys that is regarded as "safe"? i.e. you jump & you live

See.. i don't know the answers to these questions.. mostly coz i've never actually seen people do it.. let alone try it myself
So if i'm gonna die someday.. well not "if".. coz i'm sure i'm gonna day someday.. if i don't die from sickness / some kind of accident.. i'm pretty sure i'll die because of my own stupidity
say for example.. for some reason i'm being chased on a roof by some ninjas.. and coz i dont know the answer to the above questions.. i'll just take the risk and bring my stupid self to jump off a 5 storey building and.... splat-o!
I wonder if there's a rule of thumb for these sorts of things..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home